Hello there! I am so excited to share that Valley Voices has featured myself and BPD as the cover story in their April Home and Garden Edition. In case you haven’t picked up a copy, today’s post is a summary of the interview. I hope you enjoy!
1) What is your name and exact title? What is the name of your business?
Name: Brianna Piccirilli
Title: Owner, Principal Designer
Bus Name: Brianna Piccirilli Designs
2) What is your contact information? What is the best way to get into touch with you?
Best way to get in touch with me for an initial consultation is through email, or the message tab on my website.
3) Where did you go to school?
High school: Sharon High School
College: Kent State University, Degree in Interior Design under the college of Architecture and Environmental Design.
4) Do you have a specific design style?
My design style is transitional, a mix of classic shapes, with neutral colors. I always seek a timeless approach for my clients to give their design longevity that they will love from years to come. For my personal style, I am a mix between transitional and modern farmhouse. But my style is ever evolving!
5) How do you find inspiration for your designs? Have you ever traveled and found inspiration in certain places? How do you stay up on new styles or find new styles you want to implement?
I am ALL over Pinterest for inspiration. Every time I take on a new project; I jump on Pinterest for inspiration. Not necessarily a whole room, but small details such as a fireplace design, crown moldings, cabinet glaze colors. I also follow design accounts in Instagram for inspiration. When I studied abroad in college in Florence, Italy I found inspiration that has stayed with me for years. Rich colors, exquisite architectural details, and a rather simplistic and modern take on current European design.
7) What is the easiest/most fun and/or challenging parts of the interior design industry?
The best part of my business is working with amazing clients. Nothing compares to a clients’ reaction when they see my designs come to life in their homes. It is a truly enriching experience. I also really enjoy when clients allow me to flex my creative muscles and go for bold design choices.
The most challenging part of my business is translating my visions in a way that the client can understand and visualize as well. To solve this, I utilize 3D renderings that show what their new spaces will look like.
8) Do you have a favorite room/house/style you’ve done?
My favorite room I’ve done is a nursery, of all spaces! The client was completely open to style for their baby boy, so I was able to be very creative. I used a classic Peter Rabbit theme to bring warm yellows, and gold into the room.
9) What is the process of designing a room/house with you? (i.e from first contact to finished product)
The design process begins with an initial consultation. I will walk through the clients’’ home with them, discussing the project, their needs and desires for their new space, and budget.
Have a great day, and remember… design the life you love!
Thank you, Brianna